blank
blank

Compassion

Monday, January 9, 2012

Now I Know My ABCs ~ Letter A

abcI am excited to share a new set of ABC activities with you this year, all based around animals!  I have created a set of free printables that will be shared one by one every other week throughout this year.

Each printable set will include a large upper case letter to print, a cut and glue craft, flashcards, and a set of fun extras in case your tot is like mine and can’t get enough!  I will also recommend books to go along if you want to expand the on the animal for the letter.  This is a fun and easy way to bring tons of science fun in for your tot too!

This series was designed for my daughter who will be 3 in April.  A younger or older child could easily enjoy these too! 

We personally are not moving through the letters on any specific schedule.  I will be moving on when she gets bored with a certain letter and introduce a new one.  She knows her letters so this set is more for the animal fun and the extra practice on basic skills. You can see more details in my upcoming weekly Tot School posts where I will share more about her in action.


Animal ABC Button

All printables for this unit ~ Letter A ~ can be downloaded for free on my website, Animal ABCs.

Letter A ~ ALLIGATOR

a alligator

Aa Alligator Extras…

Aa Alligator Extras


Aa Alligator in ActionIMG_9455

She loves the notebook format, similar to her Tot Time Notebook, so I am putting her “extras” in a notebook for her.

IMG_9467 IMG_9470 

We did the craft all together, her cutting the gray lines with my help, then using watercolors to paint her letter A while I trimmed out the rest of the alligators. 

IMG_9518 IMG_9519

We let it dry {then I cut out the A} and later glued down the alligators on the letter and the letter onto paper. IMG_9531

She absolutely loved the end result and just wanted to hold it and stare at it!IMG_9535


Have more alligator fun


More Letter Aa Fun…


Download Animal ABCs ~ Letter A ~ for free her

Signature button Carisa

8 comments:

Coloring Pages said...

They love almost all kinds of animals. Parents and teachers educate kids about animals the best way they can.  Coloring Pages

Victoria said...

These are awesome!  I almost can't wait until we work through the Tot School printables so we can do ABC Animals!  Thank you so much for sharing!

CherryBlossomMJ2 said...

The extras are my favorite part!

Lori Summers said...

Thank you so much for doing and sharing this.  My daughter will be 3 in the beginning of June and I have been following your blog for a while and it is the one I rely on most since your daughter is just a few weeks older than mine.  I love your blog and all of your activities are great and I look forward to each new post ful of fun things and ideas to do with my daughter to help her grow and learn.  Thanks again!!

Deserafloyd said...

I love this!!! Im so busy with two kids and a job. Its hard to think of creative ways to teach them, and you have made it easy and fun.  Thank you for sharing your ideas.

Jenny Beissel Rosales said...

This was the first abc lesson we did thanks so much -Mini Piwi had fun!
http://piwiprincess.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-for-alligatoror-glitter-gator.html

Demetria said...

Just wanted to say that this site has been helpful to us in my daughter's toddler years (she's now 5). Thanks for the resources and ideas!

novicemom said...

just found your blog!! Life saver, amazing ideas.